PS 38 has two full-time after school programs that are housed in the building, and additional enrichment programming at different times of the year.
The YMCA provides free quality afterschool programming to PS 38 families and students. The school-based YMCA program is funded by the Department of Youth and Community Development (DYCD). The YMCA also offers 13 holidays of full day Holiday programming and Summer Camp. YMCA participants engage in fun hands-on learning projects, STEM, academic enrichment, financial literacy, art knowledge, and team building sports instruction.
YMCA runs Monday-Friday from dismissal to 6pm. The YMCA services students ages 5 and up in K-5th grade. It is free of charge and seats are limited. Please see attendance requirements and registration details below
The YMCA will hold registration at the following times for the 2022-2023 school year:
IN PERSON AT PS 38 ONLY!
Wednesday, September 7 – 10am-11am – KINDERGARTEN ONLY
Thursday, September 8 & Friday, September 9 – at arrival and dismissal
WHO IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE YMCA?
- Students in Kindergarten through 5th grade are eligible for the YMCA
- Students in Kindergarten MUST BE 5 years old at the time of registration
- Students must attend the YMCA full time – 5 days a week until 5:15pm
- YMCA participants may attend one elective class per week with Right At School or Community Schools
PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION:
- An updated medical form (physical)
- KINDERGARTEN ONLY – Birth certificate or passport
YMCA Director for PS 38
office: (718) 330-9305 ext 3132
cell: (646) 996-3306
Community Schools offers free afterschool and weekend programming for students in K through 5th grade. Stay tuned for Fall 2022 Enrichment offerings to be released in September!
PS 38 became an NYC Community School in 2017 when it was awarded a 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant titles the B.R.I.D.G.E.S. Project (Brooklyn Reaching Integration Despite Group Economic and Social Separation). This is a federally funded opportunity lead by Counseling in Schools, which brings together community organization partners to offer rich academic, extra-curricular and family programming, as well as mental health services all free of charge to the school community.
Community Schools Director for PS 38, Room 206
(718) 330-9305 ext 2061
Right at School provides after school programming to 3-K through 5th grades.
The Right At School after school program runs from the time the school bell rings until 6 p.m. Parents can work with Right At School to create their own monthly schedules choosing 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 days per week. Drop-in care is also an option. This allows parents to pay only for the days for which care is needed. Right at School also offers a 15% sibling discount, as well as other discounts and subsidies
Every day students will have a healthy snack, engage in dynamic fitness activities, student-driven projects, team building, leadership development, and have the opportunity to complete homework. Right at School also features an enriched curriculum in the form of two-week units. Examples of units include: Getting Down to Business, where students are introduced to money and commerce; Icky Experiments, where students experiment with sticky substances to learn chemistry; and Variety Show, where students rehearse and perform individual talent acts.
- Registration for Right at School is open on a rolling basis. For rates and to register, please visit: https://rightatschool-ps-38.jumbula.com/?#/2022-23-after-school
- Scholarships, discounts, and ACS vouchers are available; please reach out to Celeste Spicer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for information about subsidies that may be available to you
- Beginning in September, Right at School will offer teacher-led enrichment classes. Registration will open for these classes on September 5. For more information, please reach out to Right at School at email@example.com
Right At School Director for PS 38, Room 144A
Visit Konstella to find out more information about our afterschool options, or reach out to any of the PTA Executive Board members and community organization directors!